About Canadian Premier
For more than 60 years, Canadian Premier has been committed to providing financial security to Canadians and their families in the face of uncertainties. Canadian Premier offers group life, accident & sickness, credit and creditor insurance solutions to a number of leading financial institutions, retailers and affinity groups, insuring over 2 million Canadians and families coast-to-coast. Canadian Premier is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Securian Financial Group.
At Canadian Premier we know there’s nothing more important than treating each other with respect, compassion, understanding, and dignity. Even though our family has grown over the years, we still maintain the entrepreneurial spirit that got us started. Watch this video to learn more about our core values and our Canadian Premier family.
We are looking to hire an Actuary to work in an agile department under the direction of the Director of Actuarial Transformation, supporting our key Valuation initiatives. Our Valuation department is undergoing a once-in-a-career change to adapt for the upcoming IFRS 17 accounting standards, impacting all aspects of financials from policy data through to management reporting. This valuable opportunity will provide the candidate with hands-on experience and an in-depth understanding of the new financial framework for insurance companies from the bottom up.
What you’ll be doing
- Devise and build actuarial processes for Canadian Premier in support of the goal of implementing a modernized and repeatable reporting process for the IFRS 17 accounting framework;
- Provide AXIS modeling subject matter expertise and assist in developing and sharing best practices;
- Support the wider company initiatives related to implementing a new data warehouse and ERP system;
- Develop analytics to advance our strategic priorities and provide ad-hoc analysis required by senior management; and
- Build and strengthen close connections with finance and non-finance business partners to provide a broad financial business view, support initiatives, and enhance reporting capabilities
What you’ll bring
- University degree in a quantitative field;
- Recently qualified FSA, FCIA;
- 5+ years of actuarial experience;
- Knowledge of GGY AXIS required;
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 an asset;
- Self-starter, problem solver, takes initiative;
- Strong communication and organizational skills; and
- Adaptable to change and creates processes with minimal guidance (“champion”)
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary with Annual Incentive bonus plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Comprehensive group benefits program which includes medical, dental, Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Account, Personal Spending Account and much more
- Paid time-off includes paid vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day, Stat holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance though flexible workplace policy
- Discounted Goodlife memberships, and additional work perks
What you need to know
Canadian Premier is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Canadian Premier will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation requests.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application directly through LinkedIn.