Reports to: Manager, Claims
Company: Canadian Premier
Location: Toronto Office
We are currently seeking a full time Bilingual Claims Customer Service Representative position who will assist in performing support functions and diversified tasks in the day-today operations. This role will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls for Life, AD&D, A&H, PTD and Credit Policies. This position reports to Manager, Claims.
- Answers incoming customer calls regarding claim status and/or requests for claims forms.
- Learns the elements of claims handling by on-the job training about each element of the claims handling process under direct supervision.
- Communicates with claimant, verbally and/or in writing.
- Maintains compliance with all standards, controls, policies and practices as an active participant in the company.
- Under direct supervision, sets up claims, verifies policyholder information, policy effective date, premium status, and verification of claim eligibility.
- Support projects and other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education preferred or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in French and English
- Knowledge of medical terminology, policy provisions, and provincial regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- FLHC, FLMI, or ALHC designation is considered an asset
- Fundamental knowledge of computers and keyboarding skills
- Pays strong attention to detail, and able to perform different complex tasks simultaneously
- Possess a thorough knowledge of insurance practices and principles to solve problems
- Pays strong attention to detail, and makes decisions wisely
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org