Reports to: VP, Insurance Operations
Company: Canadian Premier Life
Location: Burnaby Office
Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary. May guide and advise less experienced Business System Analysts. Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Project Research: Formulating and defining systems scope & objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Project Development: Devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, & translating them into proper systems requirement specifications.
- Technology Knowledge: Maintain a working knowledge of industry standard software and hardware systems and relevant office automation tools to assist in the day-to-day execution of your role.
- Adherence to Policies and Procedures: Adheres to safety, security and all other company policies and procedures.
- Teamwork and Support: Supports team by modeling behaviour that encourages regular attendance, contribution of ideas & feedback, assisting in enhancing operations and customer service. Models team oriented behaviours by answering questions and assisting team members and other departments with inquiries and other related matters. Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Professional Development: Maintains up to date knowledge of Canadian Premier’s products and services. Attends appropriate development courses on an ongoing basis. Maintains professional contacts with other companies, vendors and other industry contacts. Keeps abreast of claims, insurance and legislative changes and best practices.
- Other Duties: Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the applications of technology to the current and future business environment
- The knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Need to be proficient in tools required to convey necessary business requirements to the development team (example: MS Visio; MS Word, MS Project)
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications
- Analyze business and user needs and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to guide and advise less experienced Business System Analysts
Experience in the Insurance, financial industry, specifically in commercial and agricultural lending in Canada considered an asset
- Working knowledge of lending or loan origination systems considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Smart Client model
- Embrace a high performance culture; is customer focused
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Exhibits enthusiasm and promotes a team environment
- A self-starter; takes initiative
- Strong learner; supports continuous learning
- Confident, mature and able to work under pressure in a changing, dynamic environment
- Strong detail orientation; is able to work thoroughly, accurately and error-free
- Demonstrates punctuality and reliability in work attendance
- Understands and demonstrates positive outlook towards change
Apply to email@example.com