About Canadian Premier
For more than 60 years, Canadian Premier has been committed to providing financial security to Canadians and their families in the face of uncertainties. Canadian Premier offers group life, accident & sickness, credit and creditor insurance solutions to a number of leading financial institutions, retailers and affinity groups, insuring over 2 million Canadians and families coast-to-coast. Canadian Premier is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Securian Financial Group.
At Canadian Premier we know there’s nothing more important than treating each other with respect, compassion, understanding, and dignity. Even though our family has grown over the years, we still maintain the entrepreneurial spirit that got us started. Watch this video to learn more about our core values and our Canadian Premier family.
We are currently seeking 2 Claims Examiners for contract (one-year) positions who will provide fair, consistent, courteous and timely claim decisioning. The successful incumbents will be responsible in assisting our customers by phone or email and perform various clerical functions. This position reports to Manager, Claims.
What you’ll be doing
- Handle and respond to customer’s questions; Calls to customers regarding claims; Calls to Credit Unions regarding payments and or questions for customers
- Scanning all mail i.e. claim correspondence with physicians and or customers, to obtain supportive documentation need to determine benefit and review certificate for verification
- To accurately examine credit disability insurance claim files within the processing guidelines in accordance with the certificate provisions
- First review of continuing claims, updating information, and documenting the claim file with written notations of the claim status. Update claim status and release monthly payment
- Review all correspondence received from physicians, and claimants to determine disability claim status. (Accept, Continue or Decline).
- First Review of Life Claim forms to determine if we will accept or decline claim as per the contract (certificate) provisions.
- Write to physicians and or customers, to obtain supportive documentation need to determine claim benefits.
- Prepare policy recission for review by manager and/or legal department
- Weekly and monthly Reports – Review and process, make necessary changes and/or corrections as reports are provided (No Reminder report, Payment pending report, 24 months Max.).
What you’ll bring
- Post-secondary education preferred or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- FLHC, FLMI, or ALHC designation is considered an asset
- Fundamental knowledge of computers and keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to perform different complex tasks simultaneously
- Possess a thorough knowledge of insurance practices and principles to solve problems
- Pays strong attention to detail, and makes decisions wisely
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary with Annual Incentive bonus plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Comprehensive group benefits program which includes medical, dental, Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Account, Personal Spending Account and much more
- Paid time-off includes paid vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day, Stat holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance though flexible workplace policy
- Discounted Goodlife memberships, and additional work perks
What you need to know
Canadian Premier is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Canadian Premier will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact email@example.com for accommodation requests.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your application directly through LinkedIn.