About Canadian Premier
For more than 60 years, Canadian Premier has been committed to providing financial security to Canadians and their families in the face of uncertainties. Canadian Premier offers group life, accident & sickness, credit and creditor insurance solutions to a number of leading financial institutions, retailers and affinity groups, insuring over 2 million Canadians and families coast-to-coast. Canadian Premier is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Securian Financial Group.
At Canadian Premier we know there’s nothing more important than treating each other with respect, compassion, understanding, and dignity. Even though our family has grown over the years, we still maintain the entrepreneurial spirit that got us started. Watch this video to learn more about our core values and our Canadian Premier family.
The Claims Administrator will work closely with the Claims Manager to assist with daily administrative tasks. The successful incumbent will possess the ability to pay attention to detail, learn and use new computer systems and software and will work well in collaborative environments. The primary responsibility of this position is to scan and index incoming documents, provide various clerical functions, learning and becoming familiar with the processing guidelines for credit disability & life insurance claims in accordance with the certificate provisions.
What you’ll be doing
- Filing, purging, manage claims email box, scanning and indexing mail, mail correspondence as needed
- Act as back up for mailroom clerk by sorting, distributing, and mailing letters and handle the scanning of indexing for various teams
- Confirm coverage and set up claims from third party administrator (TPA). Document applicable notes and set follow-up reminders accordingly. Handle all intakes to and from the TPA
- Receive work items from adjudicators and set up in system for payment
- Track all outgoing invoices and document as required
- Request and track customer information from business partners required for credit claims processing
- Monitor queues on a daily basis and distribute work items accordingly.
- PCI compliance: Verify and track incoming correspondence to comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements
- Supports team by answering questions and assisting team members with inquiries and other related matters
- Maintains up to date knowledge of company’s products and services
- Other Duties: Performs other related duties, as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Post secondary Education or two-year work experience in a similar administrative role.
- Experience in the insurance industry is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, orientation to detail, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast pace work environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent formal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm objectively in situations involving stress and conflict
- Embrace a high-performance culture; is customer focused
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Exhibits enthusiasm and promotes team environment
- A self-starter; takes initiative
- Strong learner; supports continuous learning
- Confident, mature and able to work under pressure in a changing, dynamic environment
- Strong detail orientation; is able to work thoroughly, accurately and error-free
- Demonstrates punctuality and reliability in work attendance
- Understands and demonstrates positive outlook towards change
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary with Annual Incentive bonus plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Comprehensive group benefits program which includes medical, dental, Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Account, Personal Spending Account and much more
- Paid time-off includes paid vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day, Stat holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance though flexible workplace policy
- Discounted Goodlife memberships, and additional work perks
What you need to know
Canadian Premier is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Canadian Premier will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation requests.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application directly through LinkedIn.