Reports to: Manager, Claims
Company: Canadian Premier Life
Location: Toronto Office
Our Toronto Claims Department is seeking a Bilingual Claims Adjudicator to assist in performing support functions and diversified tasks in the day-to-day operations.
- The Claims Phone Adjudicator would answer incoming customer calls for Life, AD&D, A&H, PTD and Credit policies.
- Answers incoming customer calls regarding claim status and/or requests for claim forms.
- Under direct supervision, sets-up claims, including verifying policyholder information, policy effective date, premium status, and verification of claim eligibility. Sends claim form to claimant.
- Communicates with claimant, verbally and/or in writing, under direct supervision.
- Under direct supervision, learns the elements of claims handling by on-the-job training about each element of the claims handling process.
- Maintains compliance with all standards, controls, policies and practices as an active participant in the Company’s Information Privacy and Security Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of insurance practices and principles to solve problems.
- Ability to perform different complex tasks simultaneously within strict time limits.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fundamental knowledge of computers and keyboarding skills.
- Strong communication skills (strong telephone and interpersonal skills).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, policy provisions, and provincial regulations.
- FLHC, FLMI or ALHC designation an asset.
- Ability to make decisions
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org