About Canadian Premier
For more than 60 years, Canadian Premier has been committed to providing financial security to Canadians and their families in the face of uncertainties. Canadian Premier offers group life, accident & sickness, credit and creditor insurance solutions to a number of leading financial institutions, retailers and affinity groups, insuring over 2 million Canadians and families coast-to-coast. Canadian Premier is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Securian Financial Group.
At Canadian Premier we know there’s nothing more important than treating each other with respect, compassion, understanding, and dignity. Even though our family has grown over the years, we still maintain the entrepreneurial spirit that got us started. Watch this video to learn more about our core values and our Canadian Premier family.
We are currently seeking a full-time Customer Service Rep (Billing) position who will oversee the service tasks received via email/fax/service center. This position will maintain certificates on a daily basis and meet service turnaround timelines. This position reports to the Manager of Billing and Policy Maintenance.
What you’ll be doing
- Builds and maintain business relationship with business partners and provide accurate, prompt service
- The ability to independently and proactively manage workload. To meet performance objectives while working in an environment that requires multi-tasking and includes changing priorities
- The ability to backup other senior team members in monthly processes as CCS imports, OB imports, and have an in-depth understanding of all billing processes
- Updates certificate details such as (certificate loan, debit account & RTC updates, joint to single coverage, cancellations of certificates due to loan paid our or insured request, beneficiary updates, Address & Telephone updates, Reduction/Increase of coverage, requests from Underwriting to cancel coverage as replacement of new, bulk updates of loan #s from Business Partners, Bulk Cancellations from Business Partners)
- Effective and efficient in meeting business partner needs by understanding their niche and style of relationship
- Answer inbound and make call outs on billing issues from insurer, financial institution, sales agencies
- Resolve billing queries, regarding customer/member files, account balances
What you’ll bring
- Five years of relevant experience in a customer service environment, preferably with call center exposure, banking or insurance industry
- Ability to probe, question and listen for relevant information by telephone and in person
- Basic working knowledge of the MS Office applications
- Embrace a high performance culture; is customer focused
- Confident, mature, and able to work under pressure in a changing, dynamic environment
- Strong detail orientation; is able to work thoroughly, accurately and error-free
- The ability to clearly, concisely and accurately explain decisions, policies, procedures and practices in an assertive manner orally
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary with Annual Incentive bonus plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Comprehensive group benefits program which includes medical, dental, Employee Assistance Program, Health Spending Account, Personal Spending Account and much more
- Paid time-off includes paid vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day, Stat holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance though flexible workplace policy
- Discounted Goodlife memberships, and additional work perks
What you need to know
Canadian Premier is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Canadian Premier will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation requests.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application directly through LinkedIn.