Reports to: Manager, Finance
Company: Canadian Premier
Location: Toronto Office
We are currently seeking a full-time Payroll Administrator/ Financial Analyst position who will support the various maintenance and administration of payroll and accounting processing in the Ceridian Payroll Environment. This position will report to the Manager of Finance.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of payroll for salaried and hourly employees within three separate but related companies.
- Process salary increases, bonuses, etc. in accordance with company policies and in conjunction with our Human Resources Department.
- Ensure compliance to all employment legislation and regulatory guidelines such as EHT, CPP, EI, Income Tax, and benefit contributions, etc. including any Federal and Provincial Reporting and filing.
- Maintain up to date employee files by processing changes such as new hires, terminations, salary increases etc. ensuring confidentiality.
- Administer year-end payroll processing and tax forms as needed.
- Keep current with federal/provincial legislation and changes, along with best practices in order to ensure the payroll program is compliant and effective.
- Prepare appropriate monthly reconciliations as assigned including payroll accounts and relevant GL accounts.
- Provide financial information to enable preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Liaise with payroll service providers, employees and auditors.
- Support accounting team as required, with month end and year end audits.
- Various accounting functions including reconciliations, reports, requisitions and/or other duties as directed. Focus will be on expenses.
- Completed University degree, and Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification required.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of Ceridian’s payroll system.
- Excellent communication, organizational and effective interpersonal skills.
- 3-5 years of experience administering Canadian payroll and benefits.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Able to proactively follow up on identified issues and work toward resolutions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, combined with good business sense.