Reports to: Director, Finance
- Review business agreements as directed to understand accounting, reporting and finance operational requirements and develop and implement standardized and automated processes to fulfill governance requirements.
- Engage and take an active role in problem solving and work with our internal customers.
- Actively monitor the performance of processes by reconciling accounts and analyzing transactions to ensure the existence, completeness and accuracy of transactions.
- Provide input to minimize operational risk, and collaborate with key stakeholders to address system and reporting concerns.
- Support the quarterly and year-end legal entity financial close processes including the preparation of financial statements, notes and supporting schedules, in compliance with IFRS.
- Prepare accounting journal entries accurately and in a timely manner; as needed.
- Maintain and recommend improvements to reporting and internal control procedures.
- Prepare and document Board of Director’s reports.
- Prepare, develop and streamline various investment accounting processes.
Prepare supporting documentation and memos for efficient review by the auditors.
- Identify and streamline processes to improve efficiency and automation.
Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Your professional strengths for the role of Senior Accountant, Finance will include:
- Completion of University degree in a relevant field or combination of equivalent work experience.
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation.
- Demonstrated success/experience with a minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Experience working for a U.S. multinational company preferred.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and ability to work with ledger and report writer systems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, combined with a good business sense.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and process change, and implement plans to address those changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively follow up on identified issues and work toward resolution.
- Proficient in time management and demonstrated adaptability when changes are required.
- Ability to work independently.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org