Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company
Legacy General Insurance Company
POLICY ON COMPLAINTS
We are committed to providing our customers with exceptional customer service and products. We are also committed to reviewing and responding to customer concerns about our services and products in a timely manner. We understand the value that results from customer feedback and thus view complaints as an opportunity to improve the way we do business and turn unsatisfied into satisfied customers.
Your complaints are important to us. We treat them with the utmost respect, importance, and confidentiality.
Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company and Canadian Premier General Insurance Company are committed to conducting our business according to the following principles:
- To engage in fair competition so that the public can obtain the products and services it needs at reasonable prices;
- To advertise products and services in a clear and straightforward manner, and to avoid practices that might mislead and deceive;
- To write all contracts in clear, direct language without unreasonable restrictions;
- To use underwriting techniques that are sound and fair;
- To pay all valid claims accurately, promptly, and without unreasonable requirements;
- To ensure competent and courteous sales and service; and
- To respect the privacy of individuals by using personal information only for the purposes intended and not revealing it to any unauthorized person.
Complaint Handling Procedure
The procedure for handling complaints once they have been received is as follows:
- Your complaint will be directed to the appropriate person within 24 hours.
- Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be notified of the steps in the complaint resolution process and your right to escalate the complaint to a third party if not resolved to your satisfaction or within a reasonable time frame.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved, or if you decide to escalate your complaint, then your complaint will be referred to a supervisor or manager.
- The supervisor or manager will review your complaint, and advise you in writing of the Company’s final position with respect to your complaint.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may appeal to the following:
For Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company
OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance (OLHI)
401 Bay Street, Suite 1507
P.O. Box 7
Telephone: (416) 777-9002 (Toronto only)
(888) 295-8112 (toll free)
Fax: (416) 777-9750
For Canadian Premier General Insurance Company
General Insurance OmbudService
10 Milner Business Court, Suite 701
Toronto, Ontario M1B 3C6
Telephone: (877) 225-0446 (toll free)
Fax: (416) 299-4261
For Both Companies
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
427 Laurier Avenue West, 6th floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B9
Telephone: (866) 461-3222 (toll-free, English)
(866) 461-2232 (toll-free, French)
Fax: (866) 814-2224 (toll free)
If you are from Quebec, you may contact the following:
Autorité des marchés financiers
Place de la Cité, tour Cominar
2640, boulevard Laurier, 3rd étage
Québec (Québec) G1V 5C1
Telephone: (418) 525-0337
(877) 525-0337 (toll-free)
Fax: (418) 525-9512