Canadian Premier is looking to hire Actuarial staff into their Actuarial Program, serving Pricing, Valuation, and Corporate functions including asset liability management and capital reporting. We are seeking actuarial students with SOA or CAS exams and experience, preferably with an understanding of the financial dynamics of affinity insurance products, and an understanding of setting rate tables and managing business through loss ratios. These positions may report to the Head of Corporate Actuarial or the Head of Product and Pricing, and will collaborate closely with the Chief Actuary and the Chief Financial Officer to ensure proper financial management, rate setting, and asset liability management. The Actuarial Student Program at Canadian Premier supports students in exam progression through study time, fee and material support, and other incentives, as well as through the encouragement of developing key actuarial and managerial skills. The roles may be located in Toronto ON, or Burnaby BC.
- Effectively gather, manipulate, and validate large amounts of information to solve actuarial business problems and form the basis of decision making;
Use sophisticated modelling and statistical techniques to creatively solve complex problems;
- Produce, analyze, and interpret data using spreadsheets, databases, and actuarial software;
- Provide technical support and expertise to non-actuarial personnel;
- Develop and maintain reports to measure profitability across a wide variety of life, health, and Property and Casualty products;
- Prepare actuarial analysis for internal stakeholders, including the executive leadership team;
- Detect and implement improvements to actuarial pricing and valuation processes;
- Assist in providing key input and insight, including claim analysis, review of trends, and review of appropriate diagnostics to support underwriting/claims/actuarial discussions;
- Aid the Appointed Actuary with experience analysis including mortality, morbidity and persistency studies for life, disability, accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness; and
- Build and strengthen close connections with finance and non-finance business partners to provide a broad financial business view, support initiatives, and share skills and information.
- University degree in a quantitative field;
- Exam progress in Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society exams;
- Self-starter, problem solver, takes initiative;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Software skills, including Excel, VBA, GGY Axis; and
- Adaptable to change and create processes with minimal guidance (“champion”).
Postulez à firstname.lastname@example.org