Protect your family – create a will
Having a will is one of the most important things you can do to make sure you and your loved ones are protected. It spells out exactly how you would like your assets handled after you have passed on. Without a will, your assets could go through probate when you pass away and be subject to tax consequences that are otherwise avoidable.
When you create a will:
- You decide how your estate will be distributed
- You can designate who will take care of your minor children
- You avoid a lengthy probate process
- You minimize estate taxes
- You can change your mind about how to distribute your assets if circumstances change
Creating a will can save your loved ones from the grief, time and costs of settling your estate, as well as give you peace of mind knowing your assets will be distributed the way you intended.